My lead kit had arrived long ago. I sketched today, finally.
I like it, but I know I can learn more.
Here’s what I learned, either explicitly, or implicitly:
2. Importance of leads in sketching
3. Importance of attention to detail
4. Importance of finding out the right technique and using it skilfully
5. Knowing the difference between sloppiness and induced carelessness
6. Importance of patience
7. The feeling of completeness, that you don’t have to explain to anyone
I have always known these, but when you actually go out in the field, the experience teaches you a lot more. I guess I will sketch tomorrow too. I would love to paint, though.